Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1/16/12

Today I only went in for a half day at work because of the Martin Luther King holiday...which was a surprise and totally awesome because My GF was planning on getting a tattoo that day and originally we were going to go together, but I wasn't going to be able to make it cause of work.... This gift of a half day changed things and NOW I was able to go.
We met for lunch .. then went to the Tattoo Parlor... I was so excited, so scared, and so pumped up on adrenaline. Thank goodness there was wine to calm the nerves. I was still on the fence about getting my tattoo, but only because of the fear of the pain, and the horror of something bad happening like, being allergic to the ink, it getting infected, or God forbid getting hepatitis.. But we were at a clean place with an amazing vibe that our friend had researched the shit out of.  Due to my uneasiness My GF went first and I documented the event via pics and video. I can't tell you how amazing it was to be there with her as she got her tattoo knowing what the tattoo meant to her. It was the coolest experience. Once she was done... it was my turn.. WA WA.. Turns out because of my ski trip this weekend the guy wouldn't do it! I was SOOO disappointed... extremely disappointed to go home after all that build up with nothing.. I sat on my couch so sad... depressed that the only thing I had to look forward to at the moment was to go grocery shopping.. unbelievable!...I committed to get one, I cheers to it with my girlfriend (whose tattoo is all about commitment).. therefore the date is set - Jan 28th ... and I WILL get my Tattoo.. !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment